Friday, May 6, 2011

My sister snores.  Like SUPER LOUD!  And my poor niece had a cold, so she would just burst into tears and was generally a very unhappy baby.  Who needs sleep anyway?

Oh well, the Mayo appt was kind of a let down.  The OS there just told me the same thing the guy in Madison told me.  Except this guy told me to lose weight.  Ass.  Why do people assume I'm a fatty-fat-fatty?  I'm freaking strong!  Also, while I wouldn't mind losing, oh, 30 pounds.  I'm not going to put that much effort into it.  Thanks.

Mayo guy pushed the scope surgery and wrote a prescription for a steroid shot.  Then told me it was up to me what I did.  Oh goody.  When I got home I called immediately to ask the Madison OS's opinion.  I got a call back a yesterday telling me I was approved to schedule scope surgery.  So that's his opinion!

I'm excited something is going to get done.  I'm super glad I don't have to do the steroid shot, cause I passed the f out when they injected contrast into my hip for the mri.  That was not fun.  I'm a little bummed I'm not doing the big surgery, but only because I do not except this to fix the pain.  Due to it not being that bad of a tear, I'm assuming that the torn cartilage is a recent thing.  Maybe that's a false assumption, but whatever, I'm not a doctor.  And with the dysplasia I could very easily tear it again or just continue having hip pain.  And then have to have the big surgery anyway.

Happier things!  I'm in love with Mumford & Sons!  May they play on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment