Friday, January 27, 2012

Let's pretend I didn't just talk about consistency and then take a month off?

I started a swim class.  A MASTER'S (type) CLASS.  It rocks.  I love swimming and always have.  Turns out, I'm ok at it too.  Except that I'm not.  Swimming is hard yo.  You know how when you're learning how to become a runner the initial goal is about 5k (about 3 miles)?  Well, with swimming it's a mile.  One little mile.  So that's my goal.  I feel kind of stupid on occasion at the class, cause I'm very obviously a newbie, but the obvious newbie-ness also sort of gives me confidence to work on stuff.  MY GOOD ATTITUDE IS SEEING ME THROUGH.

It's been pretty insane at work.  The supervisor and boss are both off right now due to a pretty intense surgery and that means I'm here to do all the work!

A coworker and really good friend [whom I shall now call] Bailey and I just made the most delicious drinks.  I used to work at a coffee shop and became addicted to Italian sodas.  And sometimes for fun, creme sodas.  So we just made strawberry creme sodas with homemade whipped cream.  So so so delicious.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned my addiction to anything North Korea related.  Except learning about the war I guess... maybe that's next on the list?  Anyway, I just finished reading The Orphan Master's Son.  And I think I liked it.  Quite a bit.  What can I say?  North Korea gets me every time.

This weekend one of my friends, Boom, and I will be going on a mini-vacation.  Another friend of mine from WAY BACK is celebrating his wife's birthday at an amazing restaurant/bar.  Boom I'm sure is basically going for the food, it's so good.  Me too really.  They're nice people and it would be great to see them, but man, that duck is amazing!

So my wrist is still screwed up.  I finally went to a doctor and she gave me exercises to do.  Half the exercises hurt so bad!  I'm still squeezing my stress ball, but swimming seems to have aggravated it a little.  But I'm not giving up the one exercise that I can do without getting yelled at by my hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment