Friday, June 10, 2011

And I'm back.

Writing regularly is a challenge for me.  Who cares what I have to say?  The answer: Me.  I posted daily for several years on my old blog.  And I love, love, love going back and reading it.  So I need to remember to write here if only so I can one day look back and think "another boring day at the office".

A few fun things happened.  Softball started.  First week: we lost.  And I sprained my foot.  Second week: we won! And I pulled my quad, like, super bad.  Third week (this last Tuesday): we won!!  And nothing hurt, if you don't include the quad swelling up just a little bit.

I even started playing in my second team this week.  At first I thought they were going to ask me not to play, but instead was asked to play first base because the captain or whatever wasn't going to make it this week.  I had a really nice stretch, so nice that it pulled an outfield's groin just to watch it.  That team is super casual and everyone is at least a solid average player.  Plus, I'm not in charge so I don't have ten people asking me the same questions over and over again.  It's a nice time.

Another fun thing, I went to a derby 101 class/session.  It was sooooo challenging!  I went on a Sunday, after I pulled my quad on the previous Tuesday.  That was sore, but only getting up/kneeling down (which happened a lot).  Since I won't be able to actually try out this year, I stopped about halfway through.  That was hard, but I knew that injury-wise it was the best decision.  If skating every day were an option, I would do it.  Skating would be my cardio. 

If I had a cardio.

A friend wants me to go again this weekend.  I'm going to have to think about it tho, because having softball on Tues & Thur is going to make healing my quad difficult.  I haven't sprinted in awhile, just jogged/slow run.  I'm working on squats for strength and stretching the heck outta it. 

OH MY GOSH!  If you are an athelete or just active or just like stretching get one of these.  It's amazing.  And has lead to me being able to slow run on a super pulled quad.

One last thought.  Weather, you suck.  100 degrees for three days and then suddenly 50?  WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment